Saturday, April 2, 2011

Seven Dwarfs "Nestle Collection" Chocolates

Purchased this "collection" on ebay about a week ago. Manufactured by Nestle, these Seven Dwarfs hollow milk chocolate "figurines" are individually wrapped in foil and stand about 3" to 3.5" tall. The box measures approximately 15.5" x 4" x 2.5".

I'm not quite sure what it is, but something about these chocolate dwarfs really cracks me up. They remind me of the old "weebles wobble, but the don't fall down" roly-poly toys of the 1970s.

[CLICK THESE GUYS TO SUPERSIZE]



The Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs font style found on the front of this box was first used in Disney promotions back in 1987 for the 50th Anniversary of the film. It appeared again on posters for the 1993 theatrical re-release and the 1994 VHS home video marketing campaign. A new type face then replaced it with the release of the Platinum DVD in 2001. So it's possible that these unopened chocolates date from the late 1980s or early 90s.


Back Panel

Top and Bottom Identical Panels

Left and Right End Panels



Whatever the actual date may be, one thing is for sure...chocolate dwarfs tend not to stick around too long. So it's pretty amazing these little guys are still with us. Now I just have to figure out a way to store them so they don't melt this summer.

6 comments:

  1. These are a hoot! I was wondering if chocolate dries out and becomes less likely to melt as time goes on? I have some Club 33 chocolates from one year ago that I didn't check on after last summer....Hmmmm, I better go look at those. I guess they could always go in the refridgerator, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonder if they make refrigerated display cases :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is actually a snow white to go with these chocolates. I think maybe a prince as well. I never had the prince but I had snow white. I finally parted with them a year ago when I was cleaning out. I bought mine in the store and they survived two moves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue-- Do you know approximately the year you purchased the Snow White chocolate figure and also how tall it was?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had some of these! A friend gave them to me for my birthday when I was a kid. They eventually melted though...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ladytink-- Yes, I'm actually surprised how long the ones I purchased have lasted.

    ReplyDelete