Featured among the many fine pieces are several pages of original Snow White artwork. This includes Courvoisier cels and backgrounds, model sheets, artist concept drawings, animator production drawings, and more. A few examples...
- Production Cel on hand-painted, airbrushed gradated Courvoisier background, 1937. Prince about to lift Snow White on horseback. Image area approximately 8.75" x 8.45". Framed overall size 34" x 24.25".
- Production Cel in original Courvoisier wood veneer set-up. Snow sings to six of the seven. Hand-painted background effects, 1937. Image area 14.25" x 11.25". Framed 28" x 25.5".
- Snow White Face Concept Drawing, 1937. Disney Studio 12-field 5-peghole animation paper. Red, Brown, and blue color highlights. Possibly Grim Natwick's work. Image area measures approximately 4" x 3.5".
- Prince Production Drawing, 1937. He leans over to kiss Snow White. Rendered in graphite and red pencil on a 12-field sheet of animation paper, 12" x 10". Includes color notations for the cel inkers.
- Alex Ignatiev Dopey Publicity Drawing, 1960s. On 16-field animation paper, created for publicity purposes. Image area approximately 5.5" x 4".
- Old Hag Production Drawing, 1937. Graphite pencil with slight red and green highlights.
- Snow White with Apple Production Drawing, 1937. Red pencil on animation paper with "39" written in the lower right corner. Image area approximately 6".
Images and info via Heritage Auctions.
More animation artwork from this auction in upcoming posts.