Friday, March 9, 2012

Playskool Snow White Puzzles

Playskool has produced a large number of Disney puzzles over the years, including at least three from Snow White. These probably date from the mid 1970s. Each is made of thick, sturdy composite wood and measures 11.5" x 9.5". Imprint "© Walt Disney Productions."

The kiss goodbye; 8-piece. Series number 190-22. Reads "Ages 2 to 4 years."



Dopey with the others looking on, 9-piece. Series number 190-1. "Ages 3 to 6."



Here's the same basic Dopey (190-01) but with an alternate color scheme and slightly divergent puzzle cuts. The rending of Snow White and the other dwarfs is different. No age range is listed, an indication that this puzzle is probably older than the one above.



The Old Witch and Snow White, 20-piece puzzle. Series number 375-01. No age range on this one either.




Close-up...



Even closer...



Special thanks to the Raymond Collection for information on these puzzles.

4 comments:

  1. I would guess the seventies for these as well. Your posts often jog past SW memories for me....I just remembered that my brother and I had the Snow White Colorforms play set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tokyo-- Glad the posts have helped jog your childhood memories. That's just one of the reasons I like doing this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had that Snow White with the Witch puzzle- in fact it still resides at my grandmother's house. I remember really liking how the witch's body was formed out of all sorts of odd shapes, and wondering why they made her cloak purple instead of black.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eric-- There was certainly something about these Playskool puzzles and the odd shaped pieces that fascinated kids...myself included.

    ReplyDelete