Sunday, August 21, 2011

D23 Mine Train Details

More details about the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train have been released this weekend during the D23 Expo at the Anaheim Convention Center. On display is a model of the Fantasyland expansion with a 3-dimensional look at all of the new attractions including the forested hillside in the center of it all.

Looking through the gate at SDMT with the Little Mermaid ride and the Storybook Circus in background...



The Dwarfs' cottage near where guests will exit the train...



The train tracks through the forest...

Model photos via Lebeau's Le Blog.


Foam mine car mock-up...

D23 Mine Train Mock-up image via Attractions Magazine.


Vehicle design and development video...

Video posted by Attractions Magazine.


A ride-thru preview...

Video posted by DisneyParks. 


And a video look at the expansion model and the mock-up mine car...

Video posted by InsideTheMagic.


Special thanks to Kurt Raymond for his assistance with this post.

10 comments:

  1. I cannot wait for this! The Mine Train looks great. They could sell a model train set based on this attraction. I wonder if the Witch will make a cameo (there was a rumor she might).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forget the ride. May I have the model? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, yes, it looks fab – though I'll probably be sick!

    However, whilst I know Fantasyland is not the way it was when D'land opened (I remember the OLD F'land) I JUST wish that Disney would (and I know they won't) deconstruct (rather than rip down) 'SWs Scary Adventures' and preserve it somewhere...

    A am also worried about the Carousel and Casey Jnr: anyone know what is to be their fate??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I vote for including the Witch in the new attraction! Can't they just include all the figures from the current dark ride?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dan-- I sure hope the Witch is included, but I've heard rumors that she will not be. If true, this would really be a big disappointment.

    Sheryl-- No kidding. It's an awesome model.

    Brian-- The swaying might indeed cause a bit of motion sickness in more than a few guests. It is sad that the Scary Adventures is going away. It's such a classic ride, one would hope that it could be preserved in some way. But that rarely happens.

    Tokyo-- There are loads of folks who want the Witch incorporated into the new ride, myself included. Let's hope the Imagineers are listening.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I soooooooooo cannot wait!!!~ I want to see this ride so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SQUEEE! I am so excited for this. I must've watched that video ten times now! Too bad it won't be open for ages!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, it's gonna be awhile still for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is there any sort of rough opening date? Late 2013 or (gulp) 2014?

    ReplyDelete
  10. All that we know for sure is that the opening date will occur after the rest of new Fantasyland expansion has already been completed--which is set for sometime in 2012. Let's hope a late 2012 or early 2013 opening for the Mine Train.

    ReplyDelete