Tuesday, November 9, 2010

1967 US Snow White Lobby Cards

The nine 11" x 14" lobby cards from the 1967 Buena Vista re-release of Snow White. The set is identical to the 1958 series. The only exceptions are that this collection was issued with a title card and the Snow White bier scene was replaced with one of her sweeping the cottage.






Buena Vista, R-1967 Lobby Cards.


It's interesting to compare the actual '67 lobbies with those pictured on the back page of the 1967 pressbook. Somewhere between the time when the book was issued and the actual cards were printed, it seems Disney changed its mind. They decided to go with the older 1958 lobby card artwork rather than implement the new font design, which was used on all of the other 1967 posters.



The 1967 envelope in which the cards were shipped.

Envelope courtesy of the Michael Filippello Collection.

5 comments:

  1. It's very interesting how each decade's version of Snow White is subtly different.
    These photos of Snow White have a distinctly sixties retake on the character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wobble- It's always fun to come across advertisements for SW and try to pinpoint from the style of illustration just what time period it must be from. There really have been some subtle yet distinctive changes to Miss White's look over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! I have a similar set from the 1970's re-release (I think) but without the title card.

    Thank you for the kind words about my blog. I LOVE your blog...and Snow White, but I sometimes forget to check out your latest posts. Now that I'm officially "following", I will get reminders for every new post. I'm also going to add you to my "Link List"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tokyo...just added your link as well.

    ReplyDelete