Saturday, January 28, 2012

Gold & Silver Coin Sets (70th Anniversary - 2007)

This commemorative 24kt gold coin overlay set consists of 9 pieces--Snow White, all Seven Dwarfs, and a 70th anniversary logo. Individually numbered on the side of each coin, the collection is limited to 1937. The backs read: "Walt Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs 70th Anniversary December 21, 1937 © Disney." They measure approximately 1.5" in diameter.



Housed in a handsome wooden box (7.625" x 7.25") with a see-thru window, each coin is encased in it's own protective plastic covering. Certificate of Authenticity included. Original retail price $175 (USD).




___


A limited edition silver-plated set was also issued.






8 comments:

  1. Wonderfull Coin Set, but quite expensive I think ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those are really nice! Where do you find about all these items ^^ ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a set exactly identical to this. I bought it at Disney land in 2009 it was the last one they had at the time. I'm sure they get new ones in monthly or yearly. They cost me about $200. I've found them on Ebay for about $250-350 but I looked today and couldn't find any for sale. I still have the original receipt of sale and certificate of authenticity just like pictured above.

      Delete
  3. DSK-- I think I like this gold set over the silver coins from the 50th anniversary, but you're right...they ain't cheap. :)

    Alexandre-- Sometimes people (like yourself) tell me about Snow White items. Other times, I do research online and in guide books. I find it enjoyable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I got 0001 of 1937 can you believe it? !

    ReplyDelete
  5. splash-- That's fantastic! I don't think I've ever seen the first in a numbered limited edition series of anything. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know this is old but I've recently been given a bunch of silver coins that have the same image as the top picture but on both sides. There is no writing on the coins at all. Any idea where these might be from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sheree, Did a quick look through my files but didn't find anything about your coins. I'll look further, though, and will let you know if I come across any info.

      Do you have some large, clear photos of the coins that you could email me at the address found in "view my complete profile"?

      Delete