Sunday, May 27, 2012

Snow White Heart-Shaped Box

This little Snow White trinket box comes from the collection of Brian Sibley. He purchased it at Walt Disney World circa 1980. "It was part of a range of gifts that were on sale in the glass/china shop on Main Street USA, Magic Kingdom."


An Incolay/Cameo Onyx box, it is manufactured from a composite of a resin and ground stone which are poured into a mold rather than carved. Measures approximately 2" high and 3" across.

Images courtesy of Brian Sibley. Used with permission.



Snow White collector Elana Sperber has a blue version of this heart box. It was purchased at California's Disneyland, and she believes that it also dates from the 1980s...




Blue Box images courtesy of the Elana Sperber collection. Used with permission.

12 comments:

  1. Oh, very pretty! It makes me think of those cameo brooches.

    And now I want to see a cameo brooch with Snow White or the Wicked Queen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see an original piece of Park merch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheryl-- I've seen some "homemade" SW cameo brooches out there, a few of them pretty cool looking.

    Lee-- Yeah, it's a nice piece. I personally haven't come across anything like this lately on my park visits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that same box, except mine is blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how much do you think your blue one is worth i was thinking of getting one for my mum online but i have to give them a reasonable price we can both settle on

      Delete
    2. Did a quick search online and found a pink box being offered for $65 (USD). I'm not an appraiser, bur since these date from the 1980s, that's probably not a bad price.

      Delete
  5. Elana-- Would love to post some pics of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll take some and send them to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had the pink one and got it at Disney World in 1987 on my third birthday. I wish I still had it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen other versions too in addition to the pink and blue. It's a nice little trinket box.

      Delete
  8. I had the pink one, from WDW in 1985. I'm now seeking a replacement.

    ReplyDelete