Thursday, May 31, 2012

Last Day for the Scary Adventures

I'm at Walt Disney World today on a whirlwind visit to say "farewell" to Snow White's Scary Adventures. I will be here all day taking photos and shooting video (which I'll post at a later date) until the final guest-filled mine car exits the doors for that very last time.

Joining me throughout the day will be the creator of the KenNetti Snow White database, Kenneth Sundberg, who flew in all the way from Finland to ride this classic before it closed. Also here will be Ben Miles along with his with his parents Ron and Sara. Ben is the absolute undisputed record holder for most times aboard SWSA, over 3000 rides! See Ron's blog post today, a retrospective on Snow White and the ride.

It's a sad day for fans of the Scary Adventures, but at least it has brought a few of us together to experience a piece of history--a ride who's origins stem all the way back to the original 1955 Disneyland opening-day attraction and to Walt Disney himself.


UPDATE: Read the Filmic Light four-part blog post covering in detail the closing of this classic attraction. It begins here: http://filmic-light.blogspot.com/2012/06/scary-adventures-precursor-to-end.html 

6 comments:

  1. Such a sad day today. I hope someone handcuffs themselves to the wishing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad:( I hope your day is filled with lasting memories. Looking forward to your pictures and video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Deb and TM, this is a sad day indeed. Compared to Ben, I've only ridden once, but I love the ride! Wishing I was there with you! Can't wait for the photos and video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was an amazing experience. Will share details once I return home and go thru my canera's flash cards. I forgot my handcuffs but they weren't needed. The disney cast members working the ride went the extra mile to make this final day special. Really felt like there was closure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww, so sad! :( I'm really looking forward to pictures and videos from you. :) I went to Disneyland Paris a few times, and I never got to experience the ride. I just went on the Pinocchio ride. This year, it will definitely be on my list :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vlad-- I should have some images and video from SWSA final night coming up sometime this month. Definitely check out the ride in Paris on your next visit and let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete