Friday, March 7, 2014

Snow White "Cottage" Tin Made in England

A Snow White rectangular tin with "thatched roof" lid, originally held a hard candy mix from Walt Disney World. Probably sold at Disneyland too. Dates from the 1980s. Container was made in England, most likely by the same company that produced the round tin seen in an earlier Archive entry.

It stands approximately 3.625" high and measures 5" long x 2.75" wide. The outside finish has a light sand-like texture.



Illustrations wrap around the sides in chronological order.





"Thatched roof" lid.




An imprint with the text "CONTAINER MADE IN ENGLAND" is stamped on bottom. Plus we can compare two slightly different WDW candy labels.


4 comments:

  1. Hi, I really like old disney tins and this tin with the picture of the evil queen on the side is amazing..
    I have one snow white tin i got from my grandma.
    would you be able to tell me if its a real disney licenced tin or a fake one.

    best regards, Emil sixh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emil,

      If you want to email me some pics, I'd be happy to tell you what I know about your tin. My address can be found by clicking the "View my complete profile" link in the right column of this page.

      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Huh, I thought this was a vintage item at first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does look more "vintage" than it really is.

    ReplyDelete