Friday, December 28, 2012

Princess Cocoa Tins

These hot chocolate tins were sold as a pack at the theme parks circa 2004-2008. The set included three 2.5 oz containers featuring Snow White (with white powder that turns purple in water), Cinderella (blue) and Aurora (pink). Each stands 3.25" high.





__________


In addition, the hot chocolate mixes were also sold separately in 14 oz. containers (8" tall). As I've mentioned before, I'm a big fan of Snow White tins. So my wife told me to pick this one up when we were at WDW back in 2008. But I had my eye on some other must-have collectible, something I've long since sold off and forgotten about. I passed on the tin, thinking it would be there next trip. It wasn't. Ugh!

It's been several years now and the tin rarely shows up on ebay. The one time I found it, the seller was asking way too much and wouldn't budge on price. So I was pleasantly surprised this past month when once again an auction appeared. This time the price was right and I got it!

A tall, handsome Snow White tin...



Images from the Filmic Light Collection.

4 comments:

  1. PURPLE hot chocolate?! Kids will love that, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOAH! THIS IS AMAZING! I want all three -- especially Snow and Aurora! Where would I find these though is the question :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're not that old, but nonetheless relatively difficult to come by. Over the last couple of years, I have rarely seen them on ebay. Yet, they do appear once in awhile. Keep watching an they'll pop up eventually.

      Delete