Thursday, July 21, 2011

Snow White "An Enchanting Musical" Trading Cards

An Enchanting Musical was a Disneyland live Snow White stage performance that ran within the park from 2004 to 2006 (see earlier posts for more details). It was a grand production with lots of media celebration and promotional hoopla.

One of the souvenirs from the musical was this set of 8 "finger puppet" trading cards. According to the person I recently purchased them from, the individual cards were not sold to park-goers but were distributed randomly and handed out free.

They're punch-out cards where the characters can be removed along the perforated lines. With two slits near the bottom, your finger or a pencil can be inserted to create finger puppets. Like regular trading cards, each measures approximately 3 1/2" x 2 1/2".


The backside of each card is identical except for the alignment of the finger puppet instructions. The individual words are adjusted to fit within the differing perforation patterns.






All images from the Filmic Light collection.

3 comments:

  1. Hmmmmm, I thought I left a comment here last night. Maybe I didn't click on "Post Comment"!

    I just said something like I thought these were pretty nice and that they should hand out items like this more often. How much could it cost them? It makes me think of the Indiana Jones decoder cards that they used to give to guests (paid for by AT & T, I'm sure) and the Autopia driver's licenses that I think they still hand out today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it doesn't seem like it would cost too much to produce these kinds of cards. They make great little souvenirs for guests to take home from the park.

    ReplyDelete