Saturday, November 12, 2011

Gladstone Comic Book (50th Anniversary - 1987)

The Gladstone Golden Anniversary comic book/magazine was published in September, 1987 commemorating the 50th anniversary of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. The issue included not only the original Hank Porter Sunday paper comic strip but also articles on the film, a fold-out poster and two Panini sticker packets. Original cover price: $2.95 (USD).

Front Cover

Table of Contents
[CLICK IMAGES TO ENLARGE]


The Making of the Cover (artist Ron Dias) and The Many Faces of Snow White...



Three Faces of Snow White and The Gustaf Tenggren Gallery...






What Ever Happened to Prince Buckethead?...




See the original Hank Porter Sunday comic strip in its entirety in an earlier post.


Rear endpaper and back cover ads...

Illustrations and text copyright Disney/Gladstone. Posted here for historical documentation purposes only.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome collectible there, my friend! I love the concept artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you've been posting like crazy....I'm just catching up! I agree with Lee on the concept art. I also love the artwork used for the comic book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lee-- You can't go wrong with Tenggren's concept art...some of my favorite. :)

    Tokyo-- Yeah, there's a whole lotta SW topics I hope to cover before the year's over. So the posts are gonna continue at this accelerated rate for a while until I get caught up. I'm still amazed at just how much there is out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tenggren's artwork is Stunning !! thanks for this article !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alexandre-- You are welcome. I really like Tenggren's work.

    ReplyDelete