Blu-ray images courtesy of Greg Philip of A Lost Film.
A light-hearted marketing plan was devised by the outdoor advertising company JCDecaux and e-marketer Posterscope. Seven interactive posters--one for each dwarf--were placed at different bus stops in Paris. Commuters were asked to vote for their favorite by pushing a button on the sign. A counter on the poster reflected the votes in real time. The tallies for all seven were said to have been accumulated on a blog dedicated to the operation during the campaign.
Bus stop images via paperplane.
The posters were up for only a short time, October 7-13, 2009. These were the seven chosen bus stops.
- 128 rue de Rivoli, Paris 1st
- 32 avenue de l'Opéra - Paris 2nd
- 29 boulevard Saint Michel - Paris 5th district
- 128 rue de rennes - Paris 6th district
- 84 avenue George V - Paris 8th district
- 11 rue du Havre - Paris 8th district
- 24 avenue des Ternes - Paris 17th
For those who couldn't make it to any of the bus stops, the Disney Blu-ray website offered another way to cast a vote for a favorite dwarf.
Special thanks to François Monferran for letting us know about this.